Vacancy • Art Director - London
Welcome to Bossa Studios! An immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!).
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, London-based studio behind several critically acclaimed, YouTube-renowned hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming meme culture (Shhh… I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread and the BAFTA-winning Monstermind.
While most games studios are mainly driven by their bottom-line, Bossa is leading a movement of creativity-first. We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. As we believe that’s the only way to build legacy, and the only way we can revolutionise the way in which games are experienced. Games that are truly fun and relevant to people’s lives.
As one of the studio’s senior team you will be responsible for pushing the quality of art across all of our games. Collaborating with the individual project teams you will be able to offer informed and experienced advice on how to increase their level of execution and support them in delivering games which will delight our players.
As an experienced Art Director you will have a deep understanding of the relationship between audience, gameplay and art, how they coexist and support each other and how to use art to increase both adoption and engagement. You will have a reasoned and logical approach to both style and execution, something you will be able to articulate to all stakeholders.
- Quality. Overall responsibility for the visual quality of all games Bossa produces
- Art style. Working with the project Lead Artists to set an appropriate art style for our games
- Review. Reviewing the visual progress of every game in development, identifying areas in need of improvement and actions needed
- Branding. Working closely with marketing to provide suitable visual identities and branding for our games
- Collaboration. Working with Product, Marketing and other departments to understand our target audience, business goals and reflect this appropriately in our art style and content choices
- Ambassador. Being an ambassador for art quality in each of our games, studio wide
- Team. Working closely with the Head of Art to support them with their studio, process, artist career paths and other departmental initiatives
- Previous experience as an Art Director on games
- A track record of setting compelling audience appropriate art styles
- A deep understanding of the fundamentals of Art, how it can create emotion, tell stories and influence player decisions, including but not limited to; colour theory, shape language, lighting
- Proven commercial and critical success
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A natural problem solver
- A fascination for finding new and better approaches to problems
- An open and inclusive approach to art direction
- You understand that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts and you respect those around you
- A drive to learn, improve and share
- The ability to adapt to fluid situations, you know when to stick to the plan and when to put it to one side
Portfolio submission (required)
- Examples of personal and professional artwork
- Examples demonstrating your workflow from concept to creation
- Examples of work you have directed but did not create
- Examples of style guides for projects you have worked on
- Annual Holiday Allowance - 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days
- Private Medical Insurance – Provided by Bupa
- Life Assurance – Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Pension Scheme – We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme - Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working - Work from home days and flexible core hours 10.00-16.00 (standard hours 09.30-18.00)
- Supportive family policies - 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme - up to £1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Travel to Work Loan – Loan deducted from monthly salary over 10 or 12 month period
- Food - Free snacks, fruit and drinks
- Social Events - We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social events
Bossa is leading a movement of creativity-first. We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. But to excel at this we need folk from all corners of the world and walks of life. Our policy means that we are committed to diversity and inclusion beyond any legal minimums and all Bossians work together to create the ideal environment for making games and celebrating the diversity that requires.
Jobs in England , UK - fresher vacancies on Kit-Jobs.Ru
Jobs in the cities of England - fresher vacancies (869922) на Kit-Jobs.Ru: Art Director • Bossa Studios, UK, London. Here you can learn about the employer vacancy for free online.
Looking for your dream job? Discover career opportunities across domains and locations, search and apply to best suited fresher job vacancies in UK, from top companies on Kit-Jobs.Ru. View all our fresher vacancies now with new jobs added daily!
1. Follow companies you want to work for on social media.
2. Registering on job sites.
3. Get active on LinkedIn.
4. Company websites.
5. Headhunters and Recruiters.
6. Seek out government offices for help.
7. Career Based Social Networking.
8. Job Boards and Career Websites.
Free seo online tool «Share in 34 media Social Networks» - sharing your link to the website page, files or ig profile
Backlinks YouTube are active hyperlinks that, when placed on various websites and resources, refer to the original page with the video.