Vacancy • Executive Director Market Access and External Affairs - Uxbridge, London
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Under the leadership of the Vice President/General Manager UK & Ireland (UK&I), the Executive Director Market Access and External Affairs (MAEA)is accountable for leading over 40 people across the following functions - Health Economics & Real World Data (RWD), Pricing, Government Affairs, Patient Advocacy, and NHS & Access Strategy - with the objective to optimizing patient access to the BMS portfolio of innovative assets, whilst maximizing value.
Key Responsibilities include
- As a member of the UK&I Leadership Team, you will help lead the 3rd largest Pharma company and the #1 Oncology Company in the UK&I. This includes helping deliver on 13 launches across Hematology, Solid tumor, and Immunology over the next 18-24 months, while helping build the leading BioPharm organization in the UK&I by bringing the best of BMS and the best of Celgene together
- Lead the MAEA team in providing strategic and operational leadership to achieve timely patient access for the portfolio of innovative BMS products in the UK and Ireland for their commensurate value
Ensure the affiliate is successful and playing a leading role in the UK & Ireland in terms of access through:
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of the evolving access environment whether at the national, regional, devolved nations and Irish level and translating that in impactful market access strategies for our product portfolio
- Setting the strategic direction for access for BMS products (based on competitive trends, changes in the environment, overall BMS portfolio)
- Being influential in the development and implementation of timely access policies for patients whether at the local, national, devolved nation or Irish level
- Deliver integrated strategies across Health Economics and pricing to anticipate and overcome patient access barriers to BMS products
- Leading the development and execution of robust pricing and market access strategies that result in high-quality HTA submissions and local market access strategies that achieve timely access to patients
- Experimenting with innovative market access approaches
- Continuously developing our HEOR / RWD and market access capabilities - retaining and attracting the best talent
Ensure the affiliate is playing a leading role in the healthcare political arena in the UK & Ireland through:
- Developing and maintaining a visceral understanding of the evolving political environment whether at the national, regional, devolved nations and Irish level and translating that in a dynamic vision of the future with critical leading indicators
- Developing and managing deep and sustainable relationships with a broad spectrum of external stakeholders (e.g., patient groups, press, professional bodies, DH, NICE, AHSNs, payer KOLs and academic centres of excellence) and sitting on key industry/policy bodies (ABPI, APG, EMIG)
- Leading a strategic, pro-active government/public affairs agenda to shape key external UK/Ireland & European issues and improve the access environment in a positive way
- Managing strategic government/public affairs initiatives and recommendations on how BMS UK & Ireland should address public policy challenges in legislation
- Developing plans to strengthen BMS's image ona national level through value added programs and partnerships
Provide leadership and direction for ourPatient relations:
- Lead a team responsible for the development and management of the local relationships and activities with patient advocacy groups and liaise with Global colleagues to align strategies
You will also:
- Ensure consistency and longevity across franchises and disease areas in terms of market access strategies
- Maintain a relentless focus on excellence through the development of a world class team across the different MAEAfunctions
- Enable a cross functional partnership with Medical, Business Units, Finance and Legal, both at local, as well as Global level to support the successful commercialization of BMS's products
- At least 15 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/health care industry, of which at least 5 in a senior leadership role providing strategic and operational leadership ideally of a market access or Government Affairsfunction
- Advanced degree in public health, political science and/or law preferred with aUniversity degree in science or business required
- Demonstrated strategic and visionary leadership capabilities, able to connect the dots by anticipating trends, translating changes in the market place into novel, effective solutions for patient access and with the courage to challenge the status quo and explore innovative solutions
- Deep knowledge of the UK and Irish healthcare system and political landscape as well as key trends in access
- Preferably demonstrated technical expertise in Market Access process and activities including Health Technology Appraisal (HTA) and pricing methodologies with a proven track record in this space
- Proven ability of leveraging government relations and patient advocacy in support of market access objectives
- Extensive experience in working with public bodies in the UK and Ireland including HTA and other reimbursement agencies, as well as government departments
- Established relationships with politicians, policymakers, and key access stakeholders
- Knowledge of business as a whole and enable to leverage different functions like regulatory, pharmacoeconomics and policy to support the business
- Innovative mindset
- Proven excellence in leading people with strong emotional intelligence and a focus on people development
- Provides clear direction, delegates, actively communicates and coaches
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to build alignment in teams around common goals and objectives
- Strong strategic thinker with the ability to work collaboratively and drive performance
- Proven project management skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks and effectively prioritise
- Flexibility and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with positive attitude and ability to prioritise projects
- Gravitas and ability to influence and persuade both internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to provide strategic and operational leadership to the MA function, as well as cross functional teams (or equivalent)
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Jobs in England , London - fresher vacancies on Kit-Jobs.Ru
Jobs in the cities of England - fresher vacancies (869928) на Kit-Jobs.Ru: Executive Director Market Access and External Affairs • Bristol Myers Squibb, London, Uxbridge. Here you can learn about the employer vacancy for free online.
Looking for your dream job? Discover career opportunities across domains and locations, search and apply to best suited fresher job vacancies in London, from top companies on Kit-Jobs.Ru. View all our fresher vacancies now with new jobs added daily!
1. Follow companies you want to work for on social media.
2. Registering on job sites.
3. Get active on LinkedIn.
4. Company websites.
5. Headhunters and Recruiters.
6. Seek out government offices for help.
7. Career Based Social Networking.
8. Job Boards and Career Websites.
Free seo online tool «Share in 34 media Social Networks» - sharing your link to the website page, files or ig profile
Backlinks YouTube are active hyperlinks that, when placed on various websites and resources, refer to the original page with the video.